I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Vanessa from Surviving Chaos was kind enough to give me this honor. She blogs about being a mom and I love that she describes herself as a “chewy” mom. Check out her blog to find out what that means and more about her, I know sure she would love it!
The Liebster Award is a peer nominated award given to newer bloggers by other bloggers. It asks you to answer some questions about yourself so that we can get to know one another a little bit better, as well as nominate other bloggers. So, here are some things about me!
11 Random Things About Me
- I don’t have my ears pierced. I never cared to and never will.
- I married my first love and soulmate. He is an amazing husband and father.
- I love interior decorating and design. I had a blast decorating my son’s nursery recently!
- I graduated cum laude from Salem College, a women’s college, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a minor in Studio Art. Currently using it as a stay at home mom.
- I don’t eat anything from the sea.
- I have a major sweet tooth! I love anything chocolate (especially mint chocolate), ice cream (I personally believe that the Haagen Dazs pints are single serve cups), and am always looking for the perfectly gooey chocolate chip cookie (so far my high school cafeteria is the one to beat believe it or not).
- I am half Italian on my dad’s side, and on my mom’s side they have apparently been able to trace our heritage to William Bradford (the captain of the Mayflower- the ship that came over from England with the first pilgrims).
- I have the opposite of a green thumb; I can’t keep plants alive. I even killed a cactus in college.
- Thank goodness that I married a chef because I don’t cook well. If it weren’t for him and pizza delivery then I think I would starve.
- I love writing with a great pen, preferably a thin tip ink/gel pen. I think that the computer is great and saves so much time, but I always enjoy writing with pen and paper (I secretly used to love taking notes in school- I was a bit of a geek if you didn’t guess from #4).
- I have mad skills at the stuffed animal claw machine! I can always get one out 😉
Answers to Vanessa’s questions
In Vanessa’s nomination she asked me 11 questions about myself and here are my answers!
What is the meaning behind your blog name?
I knew I wanted to have a blog about parenting and becoming a new mom. Frankly picking a blog name was very difficult and I was playing around with a lot of ideas before finding my name. I had always heard the expression “two is company, three is a crowd”. But after becoming a mom I thought about this from another perspective, because three is when you become a family! When it was just me and my husband we were just a married couple (that were more well-rested I’ll give you that), but once we got pregnant then it wasn’t just about us anymore. We were now starting a family. Three makes a family…
When did you start blogging?
I launched my blog in April of 2016. This is still a very new venture for me so I am learning a lot! I have enjoyed getting to know other bloggers and my readers. I love to hear from you and get your feedback! Don’t be shy to reach out to me, comment on my blog posts, and share them with your friends and family if you like it!
What are your top blogs that you like to read?
I am finding new blogs all the time, and still exploring which ones to follow. Since starting my blog I have been reading a lot more blogs than I ever have. Really I love to read any that are for parenting, pregnancy, families, and babies. The first blog I really loved to follow was The Pregnant Chicken which I found while I was pregnant with my son.
Do you prefer the country or the city? Why?
I have lived in both and I prefer the suburbs country feel (not too country- I need civilization close by). It is so much more laid back and peaceful. Not to mention more beautiful natural surroundings. I can’t stand living in a large city for too long; the traffic and congestion are too much to handle!
If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
I would want to travel to lots of places! I love going somewhere I have never been and experiencing a new culture. The one place that I haven’t been and want to go to is Italy; I would love to see where my great grandparents came from.
What is the one thing you can’t live without? (Not including people)
Photos. I love to capture all of my family moments and beautiful imagery. They are precious memories to look back on fondly. I am a bit obsessed with putting them all into photo books as well.
What is your current favorite song?
Besides the CD of French children’s songs that are played every day??? This is a really hard question because I have lots of favorite songs. If I had to pick I would say right now my favorite song is “Faster” by Matt Nathanson.
If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you take with you?
One part of me always wants to answer this practically by saying a satellite cell phone to call for help, a lighter to start fires, and one of those big survival knives that have a bunch of different uses. The other part of me would say that I would bring a good book series to read, my favorite music to listen to, and a huge journal to write a book since I would have so much free time.
If you were to invite five celebrities to your home for dinner, who would they be?
Ellen DeGeneres, Matt Nathanson, Emma Watson, Johnny Depp, and Cameron Diaz
What are your talents?
I am very artistic and love to draw, paint, and craft. I danced all throughout elementary and middle school. And I have awesome organizational skills (like sometimes I wonder if I could do it professionally).
What is a piece of advice you would like to share?
First, always remember to be positive. It is a choice; one that will bring you happiness and peace. Life is more pleasant when the cup you’re sipping from is half full.
Second, be confident in your own skin and be proud of it! Easier said than done I know, but never feel ashamed of who you are. Never tell someone not to take that picture, or decide not to swim because you don’t want to be seen in a swimsuit, or contradict someone when they give you a compliment, just say thank you.
Now that you know a little bit more about me, here are my Liebster Award nominations! All these ladies are fabulous and I have enjoyed reading their blogs, you should definitely check them out.
- Sarah at Real Simple Mama. She is a stay at home mom blogging about motherhood and attachment parenting. I love reading her positive and love-filled tweets.
- Whitney at We’re Only Hsuman. She is a supermom to three beautiful babies (and a fellow Salem grad) blogging about a mother’s musings on family, faith, and fun! Don’t miss her Tuesday posts to hear the funny things her toddlers say.
- Suzi at Start A Mom Blog. She has amazing resources for moms who want to blog, and a great list of mom blogs if you want to find some great new ones! Her site is an awesome find for any mom blogger.
- Alyse at The Hodgepodge Mommy. She is a nurse turned stay at home mom, lover of coffee, cooking, crafting and Disney. She writes about a little bit of everything that all moms can enjoy!
- Naimah at This Beautiful Life Of Ours. She lives in Georgia and blogs about motherhood, homeschooling and books/games. Her blog was just named one of the top 20 mommy blogs in India!
Ok ladies, now that you have been nominated, here are the rules for your Liebster Award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site.
- Display the Liebster Award Logo on your blog.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers for the Liebster Awards.
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
And here are your 11 questions!
- What inspired you to start a blog
- What are you passionate about
- What talents/strengths do you have
- What is your favorite movie, tv show, or book
- What is your greatest fear
- What is one wish or goal you have
- Who is someone you look up to or admire and why
- What is your favorite thing about being a mom
- What do you enjoy doing for fun
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories
Please leave the links to your articles in the comments to this post so I can read them ladies! I would love to hear your answers.